1. Nickname: Jess
2. Occupation: Stay at home mom
3. Hometown: South St. Paul, MN
4. Which class do you usually attend? 6:45
5. How long have you been cross fitting? I’ve been cross fitting for about 2 years but only got serious about it in the last year or so.
6. What is your favorite and least favorite lifts? My favorite lift is the Power Clean and my least favorite is definitely the Thruster
7. What is your athletic background? I played a few sports in school but otherwise I wasn’t very athletic until after high school.
8. How has CrossFit changed your life, lifestyle, level of fitness? There are so many things I can do now that I never thought I was capable of. CrossFit has improved my endurance and over all strength. I push myself much harder and am in the best shape physically than I have been in a long time.
9. What is your biggest accomplishment so far at CFHT? Double unders and kipping pull ups.
10. What are your goals for CrossFit? One of my goals is to finally be able to do a strict pull up! The other is to work on my deadlift.
11. What do you do in your free time?
I enjoy hiking with my family and spending time outdoors. I also love to read.
12. What is your favorite cheat food? Ice cream.
13. Tell us something most people wouldn’t know about you. I’m pretty sure I’m the first person ever to live in Alaska for 3 years and never see a bear! I’m still kind of bummed about it.
14. Any advice for new members? Push yourself but know your limits. Don’t ever worry about being last. Everyone starts somewhere!