1. Nickname: Wes
2. Occupation: Attorney
3. Hometown: Morristown, TN
4. Which class do you usually attend? 6:45
5. How long have you been cross fitting? Since January of 2014.
6. What is your favorite and least favorite lift? My least favorite lift is the Snatch. My favorite lift is the Push Press. I also enjoy Yoga. Namaste Liz!
7. What is your athletic background? I ran track in college.
8. How has CrossFit changed your life? CrossFit has definitely changed my life! After only 6 months of the program, I was told by my doctor that I no longer need to take blood pressure medicine. I have had high blood pressure for almost 20 years! Six months of CrossFit cured me! Since starting CrossFit, I eat better, sleep better, feel better, and seem to manage stress better. I feel 10 years younger! I can’t thank Julie, Matt, and all the other coaches for pushing me each day.
9. What is your biggest accomplishment so far at CFHT? Definitely getting my blood pressure back to normal.
10. What are your short and long term goals? My short term goals are to master the kipping pull-ups and those darn double unders. My long term goals are to drop about 10 more pounds and become more agile.
11. What do you do in your free time? I try to spend as much time as possible on my boat fishing. I love “do it yourself” home projects. I am an avid gardner.
12. What is your favorite cheat food? I love souther fried chicken.
13. Tell us something most people wouldn’t know about you. I grew up on a Tobacco Farm.
14. What is your advice for new members? Keep showing up! CrossFit will make you better than you ever thought possible. You never get too old to CrossFit!