1. Nickname: With a name like Ted, you can guess the usual nicknames people call me, I don’t have any preferred ones though.
2. Occupation: Manufacturing Engineer at GulfStream.
3. Hometown: Pace Florida.
4. Which class do you usually attend? 4:30
5. How long have you been crossfitting? Coming up on 9 months now.
6. What is your favorite and least favorite lift? I don’t know that I have a favorite lift, I prefer the body weight WOD’s compared to the plates though. Least favorite would have to be the overhead squats, they suck.
7. What is your athletic background? I got into running in high school as an escape and have stuck with it, for the most part, ever since. I’ve trained for and competed in everything from 5K’s to Ultra Marathons. The UltraMarathons were by far the hardest, both mentally and physically, and they really beat me up so I’ve been on a running hiatus since my last one, which is actually what led me to Crossfit.
8. How has CrossFit changed your life, lifestyle, level of fitness? Generally speaking, this is probably the highest my fitness level / flexibility has been since high school. I’ve been faster at times and I’ve lifted heavier weights at times, but I’ve never reached the balance I now have between the two.
9. What is your biggest accomplishment so far at CFHT?? Pretty much everything I’ve accomplished is a big deal to me, when I first started my knees were such a wreck that “breaking parallel” wasn’t even an option. If I had to pick just one thing though, it would be getting the feedback I get from people when I cheer them on or help push them through a tough WOD, that means more to me than anything I’ve accomplished personally.
10. What are your goals for CrossFit? My goals seem to change weekly depending on what weakness gets exposed during the WOD’s. I’m really just looking to improve my over all fitness level though …. and get double unders, my arch nemesis!
11. What do you do in your free time? I really don’t have much free time, I work a lot and I’m usually at the box for at least 2 classes a day. I like to make it down to Forsythe on the weekends, I enjoy watching all the different activities that are usually going on and it gives me time to relax and think.
12. What is your favorite cheat food? I think the ONE thing most people DO know about me, is my love of the Waffle House.
13. Tell us something most people wouldn’t know about you. My age, Ha Ha, most people don’t know that I’m 43 1/2. Seriously, since this is an Army town, I was in the Navy for 9 years. Go Navy!
14. Any advice for new members? It can be very intimidating when you first start, don’t let it get to you, we’ve all been in your shoes and all of us are willing to help.
Don’t get caught up in the race of trying to keep up with everybody, concentrate on your form, the heavier weights and faster speeds will come on their own.
Always listen to the encouragement others give, and don’t ever hesitate to give it.