1. Nickname: I got nicknamed Lala by my husband’s single friends when we were first married and it has seemed to stick and follow me through our Army moves. Or Julie likes to call me Anna!
2. Occupation: Stay at Home mom: duties include but are not limited to chef, maid, chauffeur, referee, dog walker, handy man, lawn boy and my boys say I give great hugs!
3. Hometown: Fayetteville, Ga
4. What class do you usually attend?: 9:45 during the school year, 8:30 if I can swing it!
5. How long have you been crossfitting?: I started CrossFit last December during my husband’s deployment and got hooked.
6. What is your favorite and least favorite lift?: My favorite lift is the hang clean. My least favorite is the overhead squat.
7. What is your athletic background?: I danced for 16 years and did general gym exercises through college…sorority girl on the elliptical! It wasn’t until I got married that I got into running. I did long distance running and spinning for about 5 years. In Italy I ran and did Body Pump. When we got to Fort Benning I went back to spinning but got into Kettlebells and TRX. I have truly tried it all!
8. How has CrossFit changed your life, lifestyle, level of fitness?: Through crossfit, I just feel more well rounded in what I am doing fitness wise. I love that I can get mad and be aggressive, throw weights around. It’s a great stress reliever for me! Having 2 boys I like that they see me being active and healthy.
9. What is your biggest accomplishment so far at CFHT?: The pull up. I am still working on stringing more that 3 kipping pull ups together but I am getting there.
10. What are your goals for CF?: To get the Double Under…I hate those things. Also, big weight intimidates me so just continuing to challenge myself to go outside my box and try heavier lifts.
11. What do you do in your free time?: I love to read. Anything. My husband always tells me to put my Kindle down and talk to him. I also like trying anything outdoors. Surfing, paddle boarding, rick climbing. And I love a good nap.
12. What is your favorite cheat food?: I have a wicked sweet tooth, so anything chocolate or laden with sugar. I love Reese’s peanut butter cups.
13. Tell us something most people wouldn’t know about you. I am petrified of anything that is a member of the reptile family. Snakes, lizards, frogs…total no go for me. Give me a big fat spider or cockroach to kill anyday.
14. Any advice for new members?: Stick with it. I think in the beginning CF can be intimidating but I promise that you will end up catching the bug and loving it!