Happy New Year! Matt and I are back from our 2 week adventure and are very excited to get back into the swing of things at CFHT. We’ve driven over 2600 miles, passed through 9 different states, visited 5 different CrossFit gyms, eaten a “shit ton” of junk, and done LOOOOTTTSSSS of thinking! That being said, we have some new things in store for 2015 that we would like to make you aware of….
1. On Monday, January 11th, we are starting a 9-week strength cycle focusing on the Deadlift, Front Squat, and Push Press. If you plan to participate fully in this cycle, you will need a current 1RM for these 3 lifts before the start of the cycle. If you do not have these, be sure to get them done during Open Gym on Saturday.
2. Our strength days will be Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. If you miss one of these days, Saturdays during Open Gym will be the only time to make up the workout, unless other arrangements are made in advance with Julie or Matt.
3. DOUBLE UNDERS!!!! One goal that we are making for the entire gym this year is that every athlete will be able to do double unders, sooner rather than later. This is a movement that does not require any strength. It requires PRACTICE. That being said, the new scaling is now going to be 3x singles PLUS 10 BURPEES. Don’t like burpees?? Then learn to do double unders!!!
4. BEGINNERS: Beginner classes are at 9:45am Monday-Friday, 6:45pm Monday-Wednesday, and Saturdays at 10:00am. ALL beginners MUST attend ONE MONTH of beginner’s classes before they can transition into other classes. This is for the safety of the athletes, as well as for the pace at which we teach the movements.
5. Yoga on Thursdays is now changing to “MOBILITY”. It will still be taught by Liz, but it will focus more on preparing and restoring your body from the week’s workouts.
6. The 6:45pm class on Friday nights is NOT returning until the Spring, provided there is enough interest.
1. Be sure to sign up for classes in MindBody. If you are not signed up for a class and you show up, there will be a 25 burpee penalty.
2. Classes are capped at 16 athletes.
3. If you are on a Month-to-Month plan, at least 7 days notice is required if you don’t plan to renew your membership.
We are looking forward to a “PR-filled” 2015!!! Let’s get after it!
Matt and Julie